Saturday, August 6, 2011

Distraction?

Sorry, no pic's this time, just had to share... Working Otis in a grocery store is one of my duties. Many different smells and distractions.

Well yesterday while walking through the grocery store Otis had a nice pace for me ( which isn't always the case, he's a slug) so we started down the pet food isle... half way down is a spilled bag of dog food and a teenager with a squeaky toy that she thought just had to be tested until it was worn - out.

Oh Boy, I have a dog that just can't get enough food and thinks a squeaky toy is a call to arms...

Trust me perfection isn't how I would describe the work we did through this maze but, very good for a not quite six month old Black Lab is. I was pleasantly surprised as well as the other people in the aisle.

Phew... that was just what Dr. Dave would have ordered. Lets give it a couple months and try the exact scenario again... stay tuned!

2 comments:

sue said...

well I can report that Otis went to breakfast with us and Abbie, and dispite all the spilled food from Abbie, he did not move under the table (or get any food either)... you're doing a great job!!!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG! Sounds like you had it totally under control, but man for Otis that must of been TORTURE.